Wednesday, February 15, 2012

St Patrick’s Day - Featured Designer Challenge by Tracey Waller




















I chose a piece of 5” x 5” cardstock as my greeting card base


I then cut a piece of textured fabric out using the Quickutz/Lifestyle Nesting Blossoms die DC0165 and cut it into the shape of a clover leaf (see below) 
I used My Minds Eye circles and stripes paper for the backing of the clover leaf, placed it onto a piece of gold cardstock, and used green piece of textured cardstock to use as my focal layer before placing another piece of My Minds Eye polka dots paper as the final layer.


I printed “The luck o’ the Irish” tag onto some parchment paper using an appropriate font on my computer, and then cut it using Quickutz/Lifestyle Scalloped Rectangle die DC0163 and then outlined the edges using green ink that would work with my color scheme, and layered it onto a piece of the base colored cardstock, and the onto another piece of lighter colored cardstock.
Then I placed eyelets on each corner and treaded a small length of jewelry wire that had been wrapped around a bamboo skewer to give the curled effect on either side of the tag.
Finishing touches: I used Gold tone Chain Link peel offs to frame the last layer
of paper, to highlight the gold cardstock and complete the look of the card

No comments:

Post a Comment